Fighting in Skirts and Heels
Nerd-out, With Your Skirts And Heels Out!
Stage Combat in period shoes and long, flowing costumes
Our default stage combat training clothes tend to be the most comfortable, non-restrictive clothing we can find. But when the gigs come up, who know what you’re in… stilettos? Mini-skirt? Ballgown? This class is a chance to practice stage combat in various wardrobe, with a focus on skirts and heeled-shoes. This class is not just for women, though! Men can come to practice and learn a few tricks for fighting in period footwear and long-flowing robes, like a highwayman’s cloak.
- navigating the fabric: practice movements from fainting to swordplay without getting entangled
- preventative exercises: methods to prepare your body for the demands of fighting in heels
- drills and choreography to put our practice into action!
what to bring:
- high-heeled shoes: anywhere from 1” to 4”
- floor-length rehearsal skirt or long cloak*
- mini-skirt (optional)
- sword (suggested, but some will be available to borrow)
*some skirts and cloaks can be custom-made for your workshop date! Inquire for details.